Thursday 17 October 2013

Bottega Veneta



After we had finished our first moodboard, we were then given another brief 'Brand Visual Analysis'. This module asks me to explore the main three elements: The Then, The Now and The Other. Our first project however is just to look into the The Then and The Now. I will do this by completing a moodboard independently for a given brand, the brand I have been given is Bottega Veneta. As well as working independently our team work will be tested. I have been placed in a group of six people, all of which have been provided with different brands, this includes: Chloe, Reiss, Tom Ford, Puma and Rapha. We will be asked to provide a team response to the following questions:

What commonalities exist between each of your brands - making connections? 


To start me off with this assignment, I decided to do a quick mind-map into the designer, including general research. I had not initially heard of this designer, which therefore made the task interesting for me to complete. I found that the brand uses a signature design called 'Intrecciato' which is a leather weaving technique, using Italian luxury leather. They are a discreet no-logo brand and often use the saying 'When your own initials are enough'. They seem to view themselves in a extremely prestigious light, suggesting that their quality and craftsmanship is of a very high standard, but at the same time like to think they are current and 'on trend', combining these into the 'New Standard Of Luxury'.

//sarahprowse

No comments:

Post a Comment