Tuesday 18 February 2014

Choosing a good/bad print example

In a recent seminar we were given a variety of publications from magazines to lookbooks and to students work. We were told to chose one that we thought was good and one that we though was bad. We was judging them on there layout, including size, font, paper, colour and the object response.
 The one that I chose that I liked was from Paul Smith. This is a Spring/Summer Lookbook from 2002. I said that I liked the use of negative space over a double page spread. As it was white it highlighted the vibrant colours used in the photography, which therefore means that your eye is drawn to each of these images. (As you can see below)

The example I have chosen which was bad is from Julie Goodwin, I thought that it was too complicated, the whole thing was large to open and hard to read. This type of print is likely to get damaged easily and as a reader you are unsure what to look at first.

1 comment: